Get a start on your Halloween festivities with this adorable glowing ghost craft! Kids (or adults) will love creating their own ghosts to display during the Halloween season.
These ghosts are so easy to make and look great as a decoration when completed.
Just put them in your window or on your porch with an electric candle underneath to showcase your spooky glowing Halloween ghost!
Glowing Halloween Ghost Craft
To start off, cut pieces of white tissue paper into small pieces, about 2×2 inch squares. Also cut the ghost’s eyes and mouth out of the black construction paper.
Turn the plastic cup upside down and decide where you want to place your ghost’s eyes and mouth. Coat the inside of that part of the cup with Mod Podge.
Carefully stick the eyes and mouth to the inside of the cup and then cover with another layer of Mod Podge. Double check that the face is oriented upright when the cup is upside down.
Continue to coat the bottom of the cup with Mod Podge. Place pieces of white tissue on the cup so that they overlap with no gaps.
Use the brush to push the tissue into the position and brush over it with more Mod Podge.
Continue working up the cup, first coating the inside surface of the cup with Mod Podge and then adding the tissue paper. Cover over the top of the eyes and mouth with pieces of white tissue paper.
I’ve found that one of the easiest ways to get the tissue paper into the cup is to pick it up with the brush (it will stick to the Mod Podge already on the brush) and use the brush to push it into place. This makes it easier to position and prevents you from getting Mod Podge all over your hands.
When you reach the top of the cup, select pieces of tissue with a flat edge that will leave you with a nice even rim around the edge of the cup.
Once your ghost is dry, place an electric tea light (never a real candle!) underneath the cup and enjoy your glowing Halloween ghost!
These little ghosts are especially cute and festive at night in a windowsill or on a front porch.
This Halloween ghost craft also look great in combination with our glowing jack o’ lantern craft!
- Tissue paper (white)
- Construction paper (black)
- Mod Podge
- Plastic cup
- Electric tea light
- Cut 1x1 squares of white tissue paper. Cut out the eye and mouth shapes you want from the black construction paper.
- Coat the inside of the cup with Mod Podge where you want the eyes and mouth.
- Stick the eyes and mouth to the inside of the cup and then cover with another layer of Mod Podge. Make sure they are positioned upright when the cup is upside down.
- Use the brush to coat the bottom portion of the cup with Mod Podge. Place pieces of white tissue on the cup so that they overlap with no gaps. Use the brush to push the tissue into the position that you want it in and brush over it with more Mod Podge.
- Work your way up the cup, first coating the cup with Mod Podge and then adding the tissue paper. Cover right over the top of the eyes and mouth.
- Put an electric tea light (never a real candle!) underneath the cup to make it glow and enjoy your craft.
Other Halloween Crafts to Try
Jack o’ Lantern Craft– These glowing jack o’ lanterns are a perfect craft to make during the Halloween season!
Tissue paper ghost craft– Make your own spooky ghost with this tissue paper ghost craft. Made with materials you probably already have on hand!